Information Regarding the Coronavirus
PLEASE NOTE: We are back to normal hours:
Monday – Friday: 7:30 am – 5:30 pm, Saturday: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
As Judge Jenkins continues his live press conference regarding his order to shelter in place, he has defined “essential businesses” to include veterinarians.
- We will be available, but no one except employees will be allowed in the clinic.
- Appointments required for EVERYTHING except life/death emergencies. Even pick ups.
- Please EMAIL instead of calling. Phone lines reserved for when our appointments are arriving and during exams.
- Please do not park next to another vehicle (should be many spaces open since our neighbors are non-essential).
- We will get your pet from rear of vehicle (cats, small dogs in carriers).
- We will call you while you wait in your car as we examine/treat your pet.
- If you need to pick up food or meds, please call ahead, we will let you know when to pick up and take payment over phone in advance. At your pick up time, call when arrive in parking lot, we will place items in front of your vehicle.
- This week’s scheduled procedures and appointments continue as planned
- Stay tuned here and to our Facebook page for updates, as we may have to adjust hours soon.
Thank you for understanding, cooperation and patience. We have an obligation to protect pets and also the human community.
Please click the button below to read important additional information regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak.
Dear Clients + Furry Friends,
IMPORTANT! SARS-CoV-2 (also known as COVID-19) UPDATE!
The health and well-being of your pet is our top priority, and as supporters of the AVMA One Health initiative, our role in protecting the community goes beyond the health of your pets as we consider the impact on families and communities. As news of SARS-CoV-2 and restrictions on social interactions in our community continues to develop, we are monitoring the situation closely. Please understand that we have made the informed decision to take these additional precautions after careful consideration and with community health in mind.
WE ARE WORKING and STILL AVAILABLE but have been operating under modified workflow for the last week. For the health and safety of our community and our staff, we ask the following of our clients:
- In adherence to CDC, TVMA, AVMA and other local guidelines, only staff in/out of the building beginning Monday March 23. WE ARE STILL OPEN + WORKING, but please STAY IN YOUR CAR and call us, or message us through the Petlocity App.
- If you are feeling ill or experiencing flu-like symptoms, have travelled to/from a US city or state or another country with confirmed cases of SARS-CoV-2 or have been exposed to anyone who might have this illness and have a non-critical or emergency appointment for your pet, we kindly ask that you call us to reschedule.
- If you are healthy with no signs of illness, have NOT recently travelled to any country or US state/city with a confirmed cases or exposed to anyone who has travelled or experienced any cough, sore throat, fever/aches chest pain, please proceed to the clinic for your SCHEDULED appointment time for curb-side service (don’t come to the door):
- put an easily removable leash/collar on dogs OR small dogs+cats in carriers, in the BACK of your car, please limit # people coming with you.
- STAY IN YOUR CAR AND CALL US WHEN YOU ARRIVE IN THE PARKING LOT. TRY NOT TO PARK RIGHT NEXT TO ANOTHER CAR IF POSSIBLE.
- maintain 6′ distance from others and we will call you and get a history, treatment recommendations and answer any questions via phone while you wait in your car.
- appropriate hand washing before and after bringing your pet to the clinic.
- If your pet requires urgent care or has a medical emergency, and you are ill, please arrange for a trusted friend, neighbor, or healthy family member to transport your pet to our hospital or MedVet. IF that’s not possible, call ahead, we will do our best to make appropriate arrangements.
- FOOD, MEDICATION AND SUPPLEMENT PICKUP: Please CALL AHEAD, be prepared to provide your credit card information over the phone IN ADVANCE or write a check and drop it in the mail slot in the all glass locked door to the left of our main door.
While the CDC and other health authorities have indicated that dogs, cats, and other domestic animals are not considered at risk for contracting SARS-CoV-2, we are taking extra precautions to ensure the health and safety of humans inside and outside our facilities— notably our clients and staff. Keeping our practice “hospital-clean” has always been a top priority for us, and we continue to do so as described in our most recent communication. Additionally, for the safety of our team and your family we are monitoring CDC recommendations and are and will continue to update protocols as needed.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in these challenging times. We’re still here for you!
All the Warm+Fuzzies,
Dr. Priddy + the team at Dallas Veterinary Clinic
Dear furry+human friends,
We are still open. We do not fall under the “non-essential business” category. We have always sanitized with the most effective and safest disinfectant available (it’s called Rescue for the animal health industry. It’s expensive but we’ve never thought twice, and we made the right decision). We are thankful for our new space designed with privacy in mind by bringing each client/pet food directly into individual exam rooms and minimal interaction in reception. This has already been our business model the last few years. We have the capacity to accept payment in the same exam room so you can leave directly. As an additional option for our vulnerable clients out there: we will come to your car to get your pet to promote social distancing and help protect you. We can offer more drop-off appointments for sick pets. We may ask that you sign consent forms via email or take a photo with your phone and send them back to us. I have a phone call with a telehealth administrator group soon and may have that as an additional option for established patients, but it will be limited. We may have more options available next week. Hang in there and know that we are working on how to serve our patients in the most responsible and safe way possible. We may be in uncharted territory but we are no strangers to challenges and will adapt. Thank you for your loyalty to small businesses (LoveLocal!) during these trying times.
Peace, love and health, Dr & Mrs Priddy
Dear Friends (furry+human),
As the weight of the world is upon us, please know that we are still here for you and your pets. While COVID-19 is the current concern for public health, we are cognizant that there is always a concern at some level. We already disinfect our space with the leading and most effective disinfectant on the market (virox.com), we are increasing frequency of cleaning, asking staff to wear N95 masks during appointments in rooms and increasing disinfecting measures of common spaces and high traffic areas such as door handles, etc. We are closely monitoring the situation as it unfolds and are looking into pet telehealth regulations.
If you are part of our community, how can we assist you? Are you over 50 or immunocompromised and don’t think it’s a good idea to venture out? Could we help by delivering groceries and/or pet supplies to your home? If we can, we will! Email us!
Hang in there friends, and as Neil Young would croon: “keep on rockin’ in the free world”.
Peace, love and health, Dr & Mrs Priddy